Complete Guide to Crochet Dolls and Animals
Amigurumi Techniques Made Easy
The Japan Amigurumi Association
From selecting yarns and learning the basics of crochet to assembling your projects and adding whimsical details, The Complete Guide to Crochet Dolls and Animals makes any amigurumi project possible!
Hundreds of photos demonstrate the best crochet stitches to use, along with lessons on how to assemble amigurumi figures correctly and give them more personality. All the basic stitches and steps are explained in detail, including extra directions for left-handed crafters. This indispensable book shows you how to:
- Shape and proportion expressive heads, limbs and tails
- Assemble all the pieces together in a way that makes your toy come alive
- Add armatures so your toys can bend and stand on their own
- Create facial features that give your toy attitude and personality
- Make cute little accessories (zakka) like mittens, scarves and purses
The Complete Guide to Crochet Dolls snd Animals includes three sample projects to practice the skills you learn. With over 1500 colour photos and detailed diagrams instructing more than 100 crochet stitch techniques, this is a reference you'll refer to again and again as you create and style your own amigurumi for years to come!